Friday, May 20, 2011

The light I'll never forget

One spring night, I was in a car accident. Although I suffered pain from it, the experience helped me to find out the purpose of my life. Before the incident, I wandered not knowing what to do like a day dreamer. I strived to achieve many goals, yet all of them were in vain. I was never satisfied with anything and was still in want. I felt lonely and worthless. Then, the car accident occurred. It shook me severely and led me to awake from my deep sleep. As a drunken driver’s car rushed towards the taxi I was in, I felt as if someone was whispering earnestly in my ear, “Wake up!” When I opened my eyes, a great light blinded me. It was the other car’s head light. The two cars collided head-on and turned. For the first time, I shivered with fear of death and felt extreme cold. After going to hospital, I found that I had no broken bones and just a few bruises on my body. From the next day, however, I had difficulty in breathing. In fact, I couldn’t sing at all because of some breathing complication. As time passed, I slowly noticed that humans are mortal and I was happy when I could sing song. I began to thank God and started going to church again. When I recovered from the after effects of the traffic accident, I decided to devote myself to praising the Lord. Consequently, due to the suffering, I’ve found that praising is my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment